I have spoken on here before about the importance of Facebook groups. You only have to reach a small fraction of the 175 million members to make this well worthwhile.
- Stop Shark Slaughter. I only just started this one to support a petition I started to try and create some noise out there about this terrible problem that most people are unaware of.
- Fans of Nigel Fletcher, a great artist. Like most artists my friend Nigel is a bit reluctant to promote himself. This group is a step towards getting him the attention he deserves.
- I worked at Imagine Software in Liverpool. A closed group with a maximum membership of the 100ish of us who worked there. Good for getting back in touch.
- All Formats Computer Fairs. I ran this business for about ten years and about 1,000 events. It is history now but I thought I would start this in case anyone wanted to reminisce.
- Artforums.co.uk. I run a great online community for artists. This is the Facebook presence of that community.
- People with the surname Everiss. There aren’t many of us scattered around the world, all descended from one Gloucestershire man who changed his name. This may bring some of us together.
- Bruceongames. The Facebook group for this blog. Please join!
As you can see I don’t need much of an excuse to set up one of these groups. It is so quick and easy and it costs nothing. It doesn’t even matter too much if you get lots of members or not. What matters is having a presence in this immense community. There is no reason not to.